Board of Health

Healthy Lifestyle

Health Commissioner

Health Department

General Information

Procedures have changed for WIC appointments


Some appointments are being done over the phone and some are in-office.  

When applying or reapplying for WIC, staff will be calling clients, at the scheduled appointment time. Staff will gather needed information.  Once the appointment is completed over the phone, clients can walk-in Monday - Thursday 8:00am - 4:00pm to get food benefits loaded. 

This will allow staff to load the cards quickly. 

Most nutrition education and breastfeeding support continues to be provided over the phone, at this time. 

**WIC staff will attempt to contact you prior to future appointments to inform you if your child(ren) need to be present for their visit.  Attendance in the office will be required again for certain visits starting in 2023.** 

There are options to have another adult come in to get food benefits loaded onto the WIC card.  

**Call the WIC office if you are sending in another adult.**  

Please call the WIC office to schedule an appointment
during our regular business hours:

Mondays-Thursdays 8:00am - 4:30pm
Fridays 8:00am-12:00pm

Canton City WIC 330-489-3326.


Canton City Public Health

Women, Infants, And Children (WIC) Program

The primary WIC goal is to improve nutrition and overall health status of eligible program participants.

WIC provides not only supplemental foods, but also nutrition education, breastfeeding support and referrals to other health care agencies. 
Go to Program Description to learn more about the WIC Program.

CLICK HERE to view a Welcome to WIC video  (English)

CLICK HERE to view a video that explains how to use your WIC Nutrition Card (English)

CLICK HERE to view a Welcome to WIC video (Spanish)

CLICK HERE to view a video that explains how to use your WIC Nutrition Card (Spanish)

Please bring all required information with you. Visit our Frequently Ask Questions (FAQ's) page for more information on required information.
Contact the office at 
330-489-3326 with any questions.

Ohio WIC Prescribed Formula and Food Request Form has several notable changes beginning March 1, 2023.

Additional information can be found in the following links:

  Current Physician Letter

Ohio WIC Prescribed Formula and Food Request Fillable Form


In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA's TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant's name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

1. mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or

2. fax: (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or

3. email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.




Home > Women, Infants and Children