Board of Health

Healthy Lifestyle

Health Commissioner

Health Department

General Information

Women, Infants, Children (WIC)

Eligibility:   How to determine if you or your child is eligible to apply
                       for the WIC Program

There are 4 Required Categories of determining Eligibility:
          1. Status
          2. Residence
          3. Income
          4. Nutritional or Medical Risk

1.  Status

WIC serves pregnant, breastfeeding women up to 1 year postpartum, or non-breastfeeding women up to 6 months postpartum, infants and child up to five years of age. 

2.  Residence

The WIC office that you will schedule your appointment with depends on your permanent address. Address proof is needed at certification appointments.  You must provide current proof of address such as a utility bill, credit bill, business mail, or lease, rental agreement.  

The Canton City WIC office sees clients that live within Canton City limits. If you live outside of the Canton City limits, go to WIC Contact Information for other Stark County sites. 

3.  Income

At the time of your appointment, you must provide proof of household income.  Types of income proof could include (3) current check stubs, unemployment benefits statement, Ohio Works First, or current Medicaid Card.  Other documentation may be required.

Go to  income eligibility  for current guidelines.

4.  Nutritional or Medical Risk
If you are determined income eligible to apply for WIC, you will have an interview with a WIC Health Professional, who will determine the nutritional or medical risk reason for you to receive WIC.  Eligibility is determined at the time of your appointment.

Go to Frequently Ask Questions (FAQ's) for information about what to bring to your appointment.   


In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA's TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant's name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

1. mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or

2. fax: (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or

3. email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.