James M. Adams, RS, MPH
E.S. Chong, MD
Diane Thompson, RN, MSN
Director of Nursing
Seasonal Flu Program
Sexual Health and HIV/AIDS
Bureau for Children with Medical Handicaps (BCMH)
Personal Responsibility Education Program (PREP)
Hours: Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Canton City Health Department
420 Market Avenue, North
Canton, OH 44702
Sexual Health Walk-In Clinic
Tuesday and Friday 8:00 am - 10:30 am
HIV Testing Only:
Wednesday, 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
2nd Thursday of every month, 4:00 pm - 6:45 pm
STD Exams, Tests, and Treatment
- Diagnosis and treatment for Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD’s):
- Walk-in Clinic. No appointments.
- Plan to arrive early. Clinic may fill up quickly.
- Picture identification (e.g. Driver’s License, State ID) recommended.
- On-site lab provides some same day test results.
- Educational information on STD’s.
- Referrals made to other community resources such as medical follow-up, social services, and crisis intervention.
HIV Testing and Education
Confidential Testing: A picture I.D. required for clients needing a copy of test results.
Anonymous Testing: Client is identified only by a number. No record of test results given.
Staff will explain more thoroughly the differences between Confidential and Anonymous Testing.
Hepatitis C Testing and Education
Confidential Testing Only for those who meet guidelines for testing: A picture I.D. required.
Sexual Health Support Services
- Sex partners of clients exposed to Syphilis or HIV are notified.
- Disease Intervention Specialists are trained, by law, to keep client’s identity anonymous.
- Referrals made to other community resources such as medical care, support groups, counselors, and legal or financial aid.
Sexual Health Education and Prevention
- HIV and STD education provided to individuals and organizations.
- Educational programs developed around specific needs.
Programming for Minorities and Other Communities
- Program coordinator works with community organizations.
- Ensure program and services are accessible and culturally sensitive.
- HIV/AIDS Programming
This site contains HIV prevention messages that may not be appropriate for all audiences.